Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jolly Fats Wee Hawkins Airline

Today I was talking to my sister on the telephone. Somewhere out of my subconscious, a reference to a movie sprung to my mind. I used it in conversation, the title of today's blog Wee Hawkins Airline, but I could not remember what the reference came from. After tons and tons of google searching, I finally found it!

The reference was from a 1983 Jerry Lewis film called Cracking Up: Smorgasbord. There's a 1985 movie review of the movie in the New York Times. In essence, the movie review pointed out that this film "has two sequences that are tolerable. In one, the great Milton Berle makes a brief appearance in drag. The other takes place aboard Jolly Fats Weehawken's Airline, a carrier designed for the economy-minded"

I now bring to you, from our wonderful friends at YouTube, the Jolly Fats Wee Hawkins Airline skit from the movie, broken into 3 bite sized chunks.

Cracking Up Movie - Airport Scene 1



Cracking Up Movie - Airport Scene 2


Cracking Up Movie - Airport Scene 3