Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Aw Schucks

Who is today VIPerson? Give me a few seconds to think about this one.

There are so many possibilities that come to mind. I am not ready to talk about the most important people in my life just yet, my wife and kids. I want to hold off on extoling their virtues for as long as possible.

I have a desire to spotlight other people I've come in contact with who are worthy of my recognition.

This past weekend I realized the headlight on my wife's car was blown out. This would be my second time changing out a headlamp bulb. The first time was on my '95 Geo Tracker. After 30 minutes and 2 bulbs I got it done. I was hoping this job would be easier.

I went down to our local Schuck's aoto parts store. I always feel like a fish out of water in these places because I know very little about cars, car parts and car accessories. I know as a guy I should know more... but I dont.

I had looked through the car headlight book cover to cover for about 5 minutes. I. Had an idea what I was looking for but just could not find it. A young lady, an employee, saw my confusion from across the room. She quickly came to my aid. Within a matter of seconds she had a firm grasp of my delimma.

why is she a VIPerson? For a couple of reasons. She is a woman in a male dominant career, not an easy feat. Her customer service was above par. And most importantly, She did not make me feel any less of a man just because I am not automotily inclined.

By the way, it took me 6 minutes to replace the bulb.