Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Joy is a Sling?

Most recently I began to wonder, question, ponder, inquire, seek the answer to the query What is joy?

Well if you talk to enough in your daily walk of life and ask this question, one plausible answer you will get is,

"You will know it when you see it"

I was in a pharmacy yesterday, and based on these pictures of products I saw, I think I know what joy looks like. And I even know how you can get joy. You can buy it. It is called a sling.



Now that you've probably stopped laughing, I will take it a little too deep. The ladies of course are just ad figures for a product. But when you really think about it, a sling is joy.

  • a support in your time of need
  • helps you when you cannot help yourself
  • is not designed to be permanent
  • when you are well on your way to your healing, it can be removed
  • is not free, it will cost you something
  • comes when you need it the most, after you've probably been hurt
  • will probably be forgotten after the painful season in your life is over
  • will be there for you in the future should the need arise