Saturday, August 09, 2008

Renewed Vigor

I have a renewed vigor for blogging. I am excited. I am elated. I am overjoyed.

Please don't look at the date stamp between now and the last time I made an entry here. Ok, I know you are going to look, so go ahead. I will wait....

Now you are probably wondering why am I writing again. Well, my sister has began to blog. I am so very happy for her. This has given me a new, happy, warm feeling. I now have the desire to add to my own blog just to tell others of hers.

So make your way over to http://saltandlight888.blogspot.com and check out her spot on the web.

I really like the name she has chosen for her blog. The 888 portion is because today (8/8/2008) is the day that she began. The name, Salt and Light has a more deeper meaning.


Matthew 5: 13-16 (The Message Translation) says:
 
Salt and Light
13 "Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.

 14-16 "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

 
Visit her sight and enjoy her musings, http://saltandlight888.blogspot.com.

See ya next time.